The Maple-Harding Community Garden Committee invites you to join our gardening community! Our garden is located on a quiet half acre area at the rear of Imlay’s Uniforms on Maple Avenue.
We have In-ground garden plots, raised garden bed areas for seniors and others that would find it more convenient and a children’s pumpkin patch. Community plots of tomatoes, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers and broccoli have been planted for all of our active gardeners to care for and share in the harvest. A teaching garden and an herb garden are also included.
Personal plots are free to Muskingum County residents as space is available.
Our goals are:
- Provide a place where community members can garden.
- Offer workshops for residents to learn about gardening and the nutritional aspects of growing their own food.
- Educate children about the natural world.
- Create a green community gathering space in our neighborhood.
- Partner youth groups with senior citizens.
- Offer a friendly and safe environment for community interaction.
- Help members grow as much of their own food as possible.
Please consider joining our community garden, either by signing up for your own garden plot or by volunteering to help with weeding and planting, construction of beds, or donation of plants or building materials and garden tools. You may reach us by email for a garden spot application at info@ZanesvilleCommunityGardens.com .
Log on to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/MapleHardingCommunityGarden for fun gardening facts and tips. We hope to hear from you soon!